Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I'm not going to love you any more..." & Preop Progress

That's what my 70+ year old mother said to me a few days ago. Hang on...let me back up.  We were discussing my upcoming surgery and Mom is beyond nervous.  I'll admit...I'm not exactly Mrs Relaxed right now either. 

Back to Mom...
We were discussing surgery on the way home from a WLS information session that I took her to at the hospital I'm planning to have surgery at.  I had thought her learning more about WLS and the reasons behind it, the risks of not having it and so on would help to calm her nerves.  I also knew my surgeon would be speaking and I thought it would be nice for her to meet him - again, thinking it may help her. And, I really think her attending the session did help - if only a little.

On the drive home, she said it...."You know, I'm not going to love you any more...."  WHAT?  Me: "Huh??"  Mom:  "I mean, if you're smaller, I'm not going to love you any more than I already do."  Ahh...that helps!  And, as I told her, I'm not having surgery to have her love me any more (or anyone else for that matter).  But, I do want to love myself more.  It's about time for me to love me.  All of me.  I don't love myself as much as I should.  And, I deserve to love all of me.

As for the Preop Progress....
Things are actually good as of Day 2.  Today, I've consumed:  1 ProteinBlitz Drink, 1 G2 Drink, 1 EAS Protein Bar, 2 4oz sugar-free cherry jellos, 1 cup salad, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar dressing, 4oz chicken breast with 1 cup cooked veggies (onion, green pepper, zucchini) and 1/2 cup brown rice.  Still thinking about my evening snack.     Add to that a 100-calorie Blueberry Cottage Cheese Double..mmmm.

Today's intake:  1091 calories

I've also completed Day 5 on the treadmill.  I did 30 minutes on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Sadly, only got 20 minutes in on Tuesday as I was running late for work.  But, today...I managed to make my 30 for the day AND added on the 10 I missed yesterday.  Total calories burned = 367

Not too shabby.  Let's just hope I can keep it up for the next 13 days.

1 comment:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Great job on the first day!